I love local, seasonal, and wholesome food. I also love to share my cooking experiences with people.
So stop by, relax, and take a moment to smell the baking bread.



August 9, 2011

After a Long Hiatus...

I haven't posted in a while! I thought I would post more when school ended (thank god) because I would have more free time, but while I was in the kitchen a lot more, I didn't feel I was creating anything that was my own. I was using a lot of other people's recipes- check out the recipe I used to make zucchini muffins. Soo good.

However how I'm looking back and realizing there have been some things that I've created and evolved enough to call my own that I'd like to share.

1.) Is the most simple way to have a nutrient packed breakfast. Or snack. Or dessert.

Chia Pudding 


You will need

3 tbs chia seeds
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (any flavor)
1 tbs cinnamon
3-6 drops of liquid vanilla stevia

Mix all of the ingredients together either the night before or at least half an hour before you were planning to eat it. Don't use sweetened almond milk, because sugar sucks. Although if you do, at least the cinnamon will help your blood sugar levels : )

You might want to mix the pudding a couple of times because sometimes the chia seeds will sort of clump together and won't absorb all of the milk.

Mix in raisins, cacao nibs, banana, peaches, berries, nuts, or whatever else you can think of to add. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment